Starting a blog can be a fun experience, but you want more. You also want to monetize your blog. There are many things you can do with your blog to increase traffic and increase sales, and here are 7 blogging tips to get you started.
- Post a lot of content and do it often. For starters, readers like to read blogs with new content regularly. It’s hard for a reader to follow you if you only post once in a while. They don’t have to be monstrous posts, they just need to be current and relevant. Also keep in mind that search engines also like to see you frequently posting new content.
- Insert your long-tail keywords into your post titles so that people who search for those words in a search engine will find your post. It’s great that as many people as possible are reading your posts, since you’ve put all the effort into writing and publishing them, so think about your current readers and what you need to do to start bringing in some organic traffic.
- Before you even create a blog post, decide what you want the result of that post to be. Is it to promote an affiliate product or your own product? Is it meant to stir some controversy so that you get a lot of comments and go viral? Is it to present yourself as the expert? Is it to leak some information and fill the pump before launching the product? You can put solid and valuable information in your post and point it in the direction you want your readers to go next.
- Keep your tech blog design pleasing to the eye and structure it so that the person visiting your blog doesn’t get confused about what to do. what do you want them to do? Do you read your message and then subscribe or buy something? Read your mail, laugh and then walk away? Not reading your message but clicking AdSense? Whatever you want them to do, make sure your blog layout isn’t so confusing that they don’t know where to go.
- Use PLR to help you post more often. A PLR article can give you an idea for a blog post, or you can take some PLR and rewrite it slightly to add your own personality. Either way, it can help you take action and get your blog published regularly.
- Learn how to blog from other great bloggers. Whether you blog short or long, there is always something to learn. Subscribe to the best blogs, hear what they have to say, and analyze everything about those blogs so you can improve yours.
- Find out which WP plugins make your blog more search engine friendly and people friendly. Readers love plugins like Comment Luv because it means that if they leave a comment on your blog, the link to their latest blog post will appear below their comment. This encourages more comments, which is good.