You might be on a healthy diet, but it is impossible to get all the essential minerals and vitamins that are required by our body. Sometimes your body needs more vitamin or mineral than what you are eating through your regular diet and there comes the role of multivitamin supplements. The multivitamin supplements help in filling the nutrient gap in your body.
Multivitamin supplements are formulated by mixing multiple vitamins and minerals. You will find a variety of supplements in the market, each product is formulated accordingly using different ingredients. If you carefully go through the ingredients mentioned by the brand of the multivitamin supplement, then you will notice that even the same brand contains different ingredients. One should choose products according to the requirement of their body. For example, your body needs calcium and vitamin D but you are consuming some supplement that contains vitamin B12 and vitamin K. The multivitamin supplement will not show any results on your body in this case.
Here are a few benefits of using multivitamin supplements:
- Supplements that contain vitamin sources like biotin and collagen are great for your skin, hair and nails.
- Multivitamins for women that contain folic acids and vitamin B12 are great for a pregnant woman or those who are trying to conceive. These supplements help in preventing neural birth defects in babies.
- Multivitamins that contain vitamin C, zinc, vitamin D and E are great for boosting your immune system. These vitamins help in activating your body’s defence mechanisms.
- Multivitamins that contain calcium and vitamin D together help in strengthening your bones and teeth.
- Combination of B12 and iron helps in the production of red blood cells in your body.
- Multivitamin with natural ingredients like ashwagandha, tulsi, etc helps in improving your focus, reducing stress and a lot more.
- Multivitamin supplements that contain potent antioxidants like Coenzyme q 10 and Resveratrol can help in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Few multivitamin supplements also help in reducing cholesterol levels.
- There are some supplements that also help in reducing weight.
- Some multivitamin supplements also help in muscle building, development and repair.
There are a lot of brands which offer quality supplements, you can choose any of them as per your body’s need. In fact, there are a lot of brands which offer supplements according to age and gender. Some of the best brands include GNC, HealthKart, MuscleBlaze, INLIFE, Puryati, TruBasics, etc. You can find these supplements from your local pharmacy stores or from online stores like HealthKart, Amazon, Flipkart etc. Getting supplements online is always a good idea as you can save a lot of money due to the continuous deals and discounts offered by these stores.
Conclusion: Multivitamin supplements are healthy to consume, but even then there are some limitations to it. Overconsumption of any vitamin or mineral can cause harm to your body rather than healing it. Consult a doctor before you start consuming any multivitamin supplement and use them as per the direction mentioned by the brand or by your physician.