A diagram in the IELTS exam is basically a chart or graph that usually explains something which shows how one part of the question is truly related to the other part. Most of the questions in the IELTS exam basically demand you to be descriptive in the shown diagram. For some students, it’s one of the most stressful situations. Whereas for the other it is the scoring question. Describing an IELTS process diagram might fill most of the students with lots of fear but no need to take so much stress.
In this blog, we have presented all possible information about diagrams that can help you score great marks in the IELTS writing section. But it is a proven fact that the questions with the diagrams usually look more difficult than they are. While the process diagram seems a bit harder than the line or the graph diagram.
If you are panicking a lot. Then we would highly advise you not to do so and apply all your strength in solving them. The more you will be positive the more you will enhance your chances of achieving success in the diagram question. If you find this whole diagram concept a little bit hard then without taking much effort join the best IELTS online classes to learn better without any hurdle.
How can you effortlessly describe diagrams in the IELTS exam?
It is often seen that this is one of the most frequently asked questions from all the IELTS test takers. There is no doubt in stating that describing the IELTS diagram is one of the scariest tasks of most of the students. We have no idea why students find it that much hard. Rather it is the one such question that you can easily solve with the assistance of the given graph and chart. However, for that purpose all, you require to have a clear understanding of what is truly expected from you. All the students should follow the perfect format of solving the diagram based question. Below mentioned is the general format to describe an IELTS diagram.
- In the starting, make sure to introduce the diagram
- After that, you have to give an overview of the prime points
- In the end, make sure to provide the details
Now we are completely sure that you perfectly know how to structure the overall description of a particular type of diagram. After that, you can easily continue onto some of the important parts which can surely help you gain better marks in the IELTS exam. On the other hand, if you find the same concept in the PTE exam and want to surpass that then without much wait join PTE online classes.
Check out few steps on how you can decode the meaning of the IELTS diagram:
- Thoroughly read the title of the diagram and after that take out some time to analyse it. Then start writing about it, always remember that in the starting paragraph you need to write the introduction of your entire essay. Try to make it more creative. Always connect it with the diagram and never leave the information given in the diagram.
- The most important thing is that you need to describe the entire document in a detailed manner. If you lack that then you might lose scores in the IELTS writing task. Try to give as much information as you can in a limited amount of time. For deep information about this, you can also join IELTS online classes.
- After that try to include some sequencing words in your written text. Then you can easily connect your descriptive sentences for a better flow. You must be thinking that this part can be hard. But really it’s the easiest thing, you just have to keep in mind. That you are done with your outline now you just have to connect the passage.
- You can also include the passive form in the description to define your entire passage. This can give the reader an idea that you are well versed in every form of English. On the other hand, if you want to learn the true essence of English for clearing the PTE exam then join PTE online classes.
- Write each and every line in such a manner that it will make your description look worth reading.
- Try to include effective adverb clauses and conditionals that will surely indicate to you about all possible outcomes when you decide to describe the diagram.
- At the end, you need to write a crip summary of your diagram. Always remember that your summary should be not more than the one short and to the point paragraph.
- After that, you should be checking your entire work again to find out some errors. If your description does not have any problem then you are good to go. So we would advise you to check it thoroughly before submitting it.