In September 2012, India and Australia signed a bilateral agreement to stimulate cultural exchange between the two countries.
As a result of this agreement, 3,400 young Indian between 18 and 30 years old who meet a series of requirements can apply for and enjoy the Work and Holiday Australia visa for one year.
With this Australian visa, Indian have permission to work and travel through the country of the kangaroos for a period of up to one year.
This is a good way to start a career locally and then try to get an Australian sponsorship visa with the company we work for.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THE WORK & HOLIDAY VISA AUSTRALIA?
Holders of the Work and Holiday Visa have different rights that vary from other visas. Next, we detail all the advantages of having one of the 1,500 annual places that the Australian government offers to Indian citizens.
Stay in Australia.
The first right to have this visa is to stay in Australia for up to 12 months from the date you enter the country for the first time. During that year we can travel, work or even study.
A whole year is an excellent period to learn more about this land and discover if it really is a destination that interests us forever.
Being a rich, multicultural country with great cultural and natural attractions, we will not stop discovering things throughout the period. In addition, we can travel to other nearby countries such as New Zealand, Indonesia or the Philippines.
Work in Australia
As its name suggests, with this visa we will be able to work in Australia during the 12 months of our stay. Unlike what happens with other visas, we will not have time limits. We can work unlimited hours although we will not be able to spend the entire period with the same company.
Specifically, we will only have a maximum of 6 months with a single company. This means that we can work six months with one and another six with another, work two months in six or whatever we want to organize.
What many people do is work half a year, save and dedicate the other means to travel the country or combine it with a language course.
This visa also gives the option of studying in Australia to take a course. Of course, only for a maximum of 4 months.
If we want to study more, we will have to apply for a student visa. For this reason, many people decide to take a short language course first to gain fluency in English and then get to work.
Other people invest what they earn from their work in taking a short course that allows them to improve their curriculum vitae.
Travel to other countries
Finally, having the Australia Work & Holiday visa allows you to enter and leave the country while the visa is valid. Of course, the visa is not suspended.
In other words, if we go to Bali for a month from Australia, we will not have an additional month of visa, although we can enter and leave whenever we want without any problem.
WORK AND HOLIDAY VISA AUSTRALIA REQUIREMENTS:
In order to apply for this visa you must:
– Be a Indian citizen and resident
– Be between 18 and 30 years old
– Be outside of Australia when applying for the visa, until eventually they give it to you
– Have enough money to support yourself with a Work and Holiday visa (at least AUD 5000 )
– Have enough money to buy a return ticket at the end of the stay
– Not having previously enjoyed the Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
– Have studied at least two years of higher education (2 years of university or higher vocational training)
– Have a level of functional English (equivalent to 6.0 IELTS)
– Letter of support from the Indian Government (You have to go to the nearest government delegation)
– Meet the health and personality requirements
– Be a genuine visitor
What does level of functional English mean?
There are several ways to prove it:
– Presenting an IELTS test with an average result of 4.5 (maximum 2 years old)
– Have a TOEFL with a score of 133 (computer-based test), 450 (paper-based test), 45-46 (internet based test) obtained at most 2 years ago.
– Have studied at least two years totally in English in higher education
If you want to have all the updated information about this visa visit the page of the Australian government or consult with us to know more about the latest update
What does this visa give me?
– Live an experience abroad
– Minimize your investment
– Know different ways of working
– Work with other cultures
– Travel in Australia
– Improve your English
– Meet people from different places
– Organize your finances
– And a thousand other things!