Sciatica pain mainly occurs on the lower side (one-sided) part of your body. This pain happens when the sciatic nerve is pinched or stretched. Sciatica pain may differ affected from mild to severe.
Here are the Symptoms of Sciatica Nerve Pain:
- You will feel pain in the lower back.
- You will feel pain in the hip area.
- You will feel pain in the leg or rear area, and this pain becomes worse when you try to sit or stand.
- You will feel a tingling or burning sensation down the leg.
- You will feel difficult to move your foot or leg.
- You will feel numbness and weakness in the leg or foot.
- You will feel mild pain to severe pain on the one side of the rear.
- You will feel shooting pain while standing or sitting.
Sciatica nerves might get damage during sudden heavy weight lifting workouts or due to strenuous activities or because of the sudden exposure to chilly winds.
Here are the common reasons of sciatica nerve pain:
- Excessive pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- A disease which leads to irritation of nerves.
General or say the common wear and tear of the muscles and the sciatic nerve, especially the muscles that support the sciatic nerve. This mainly happens in the old age.
Here are the best Ayurvedic herbs that are used for sciatica treatment:
According to Ayurveda sciatica nerve pain happen due to aggravated “Vata Dosha”.
- Guggulu: This is one of the most ancient herbs that is used in Ayurveda to treat lower back pain problems. This herb is helpful to support and strengthen the muscles and bones, this herbs also nourishes the tissues and muscles of the affected back naturally.
- Eranda roots: This herb is used to treat a lot of health problems like gynecological disorders, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and severe joint pains. In Ayurveda, these Eranda roots are used to prepare a decoction and even the root bark for sciatica pain treatment. In case, you are not getting relief from painkillers you can consult your physician to consume this herb to get rid of the sciatica pain.
- Nirgundi: These herbs have been used from ancient time to treat swelling and inflammation if joints. This herb is used for pacifying Vata nerve and joints. Nirgundi herb decoction is used for the steam bath for sciatica, arthritis, and joint pains. Nirgundi can be really helpful to reduce back pain problem.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is rich in extremely beneficial properties that can be helpful if applied or rub on to the painful arthritic joints and frozen shoulders. This herb works even better if it is infused with sesame oil. Ashwagandha is used to treat nerve pain-related problems like muscles spasm, sciatica, numbness and back pain. Ashwagandha herb has steroidal properties which are helpful to treat inflammation.
- Jaiphal: This herb is used in a coarsely powdered form and then it is fried in sesame oil. You need to fry this herb until it turns brown. Then this mixture is rubbed (gently) over the affected parts to treat rheumatism, sciatica pain, and neuralgia.
- Long pepper: This herb is also beneficial to treat long pepper. The seeds of this herb are mainly used for sciatica treatment. First, the seeds of this herb are boiled in water and then the liquid is strained in a container. This mixture is then mixed with ground ginger and powdered camphor and directly applied to the affected area to get relief from the sciatica pain.
We hope these amazing home remedies of Ayurvedic herbs will be beneficial for you and help you to get rid of your sciatica pain. It is advisable to consult your doctor before you go for these herbal treatments for sciatica pain.